Wednesday 8 August 2012

SUNSET

Cover photo








When the sun sets for me,
When it is dusk and everything has been cast,
When the curtains falls for me,
When the music slowly fades away,
Will there be a standing ovation,
Or deafening silence.

When the sun sets for me,
I want a celebration,
Of the life I lived,
I hope I leave behind a legacy,
Something for the world to remember me by,
I do not want long eulogies,
Echoing lies of what should have been,
I want to touch somebody's life,
So that at least one person will smile,
When they think of me.

I don't want to be forgotten,  
I don't want to be,
Just another beautiful girl who lived,
A mere statistic amidst many,
I hope, I pray,
That when the sunsets for me,
I would be proud of me,
Wherever people go,
When their time is past.

No comments:

Post a Comment