Saturday 29 December 2012

2012

So the year with so much publicised doom is finally coming to an end. I am still trying to decide if it has been a good year for me or not. I sit and look back and soooooo much happened to me.
The high lights are quite many. Like the many friends I made and the ones that went away (at least i didnt loose any) and all the memories that we made.
The great moments like reaching the peak of a high hill top and looking down with awe. (God must be having an equsite view from heaven).Then there is winning the exhibition and lifting the trophy high and winning bets just cause some people were too confident I couldnt do a split (easiest buck i ever made).
Oh yeah and singing karaoke and feeling like a super star when a bunch a drunks clap and cheer (that was fun).
Then there are the road trips I went to. First to Mombasa with a good pal who said it was a crime to turn 24 without having experienced the ocean. That was an aboslutely amazing experience. Then the long trip to Kigali. The city of a thousand hills. I loved it there. The food, the people and even dancing to the foreign music.
Then the bad moments that marred 2012. Quite a number of those low times that still haunt me. The loss of my young cousins. I still rem their friends singing the song Kwetu pazuri in sad tones as the caskets made their final journey out of the chapel to their resting place.
Then there is what I call the envelop of doom. That letter that shattered all my dreams of a glossy future I had envisioned for myself. Still feeling bitter about that.
The most recent disaster was the death of an old friend. Young and beautiful. Literally at the prime of here youth.An occurance that made me rethink evrything I ever did.
Honestly the list is endless. I still cant make up my mind on whether 2012 was my year or not. All the same am grateful for it. Am glad its almost over. I look foward to 2013. I have a feeling it will come with good tidings for me.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment